Here's a little video to tell you what the show is all about. Click the RED arrow button on the bottom right to see our little production (special thanks to production guru James McDaniels!):
Start Your Workday with the 9am ALL Music Hour! MONDAYS are Commercial Free ALL DAY!
Take a little of the sting out of Monday with your favorite music all day at work. Each Monday we give you the 9-5 Commercial FREE Workday! And every weekday we begin your work day with the 9am all music hour commercial free!
Your Holiday TV Guide!
The Christmas Holidays are here and now we all can enjoy our favorite holiday TV specials.
NOTE: All times are EASTERN
SAFETY FIRST IN THE GULF!
If you're heading to the beach , please remember to check the flag colors flying overheard before you enter the waters. Click HERE for what all the flag colors mean.
If you get caught in the gulf during a bad rip current, HERE are some safety tips.
How's Traffic on the Bridge?
Wanna get an update on traffic on the Hathaway Bridge? Now you can check out traffic on the bridge before you head out. Click HERE for access to one of 8 cameras!
Save HUNDREDS Each Month on Groceries!!
Besides the rent/mortgage or car payments, much of our money each month goes to groceries. How do you reduce your grocery bill each month and not starve? Well...
These are ALL worth bookmarking...
Logan's wife Leanne LOVES Southern Savers. This site alone can help you save significantly each month on groceries. Bookmark it HERE
Thanks to my buddy Cynthia Gardner who loves E-mealz - a meal planning resource for busy moms and frugal family cooks. Save time, money and make time for family with delicious weekly meal plans everyone will love. Easy recipes with concise directions and aisle-by-aisle grocery lists. Here you go...
Then the world famous "Coupon Mom" offers 10 ways to save big HERE (EXCELLENT)
You probably want to go to bookmark the coupon mom's website because she helps you organize and save time AND money. Her site is HERE
BEST DAY TO SHOP FOR GREATEST SAVINGS
You may prefer to shop on Sundays because it fits your schedule best or you choose Tuesday afternoons because it's less crowded. Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy and instead shop on the day that offers the best deals. What day is that? It depends on what you're buying. SmartMoney figured out the best days for the deepest discounts. That means that prices for the exact same item in the exact same store could be lower on Sunday than it is on Wednesday. Here is SmartMoney's advice on what to buy on which days:
Appliances: Prices for washers, dryers, ovens and refrigerators are about 1 percent to 2 percent cheaper on Sundays, which works out to about $10 saved on a mid-range model.
Groceries: While most grocery stores publish their weekly sales circular on Wednesdays, Sunday is the best day to shop. Clip coupons from Sunday's newspaper for more savings.
Personal Care Items: You'll find the best deals on toothpaste and deodorant at the drugstore chains on Sundays. You must go early to get the best deals.
Skirts and Dresses: Skirts sell, on average, for 77 percent off the retail price, while dresses are discounted, on average, 54 percent.
Cars: Cars are cheapest on Mondays as dealerships are more willing to negotiate. This holds true whether weekend sales were lackluster and they want to makeup for that or whether weekend sales were robust and they want to continue it.
Electronics: Computers, televisions, digital cameras and even video games are between 2 percent and 4 percent cheaper on Mondays.
Airfares: Since most domestic fares are posted on Monday evening, there is a scramble Tuesday morning to match prices. The number of cheap seats peaks at about 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
Clothing: Both brick-and-mortar stores and online retailers tend to begin their weekend sales on Thursday. You'll find the best deals and the most in-stock items. However, there are exceptions. See Monday.
Books: Books are 11 percent cheaper on Saturdays; they are priced at their highest on Fridays.
Sticking with a fitness routine is not always easy. We can be our own worst enemies. After all, we are toughest on ourselves. The truth is, missing a workout or sneaking a bite of cake becomes a way bigger deal in our own minds than it is in reality. Sometimes the only thing you need to keep you from sabotaging the rest of your day is empowerment. Here are some simple tips, from the editors at Burnthis.com, for keeping things in perspective and motivating you to stick with your routine.
1. Prep Work: Getting fit doesn't mean sacrificing taste! If you put a little work into finding recipes and blogs that inspire you to eat well you properly equip yourself to maintain a healthy lifestyle, by eating deliciously without any guilt.
2. Try Something New: Accomplishment = empowerment. Conquering a new class gives you the ability to resist unnecessary temptation and inspires you to take on new challenges. Not sure where to start? BurnThis has reviews of the best boutique fitness studios in your area!
3. Make It Social: Get your friends involved! Try skipping your Thursday evening cocktail hour for a boot camp, this is a great way to bond and accomplish your goals.
4. Dress Up: Dressing the part doesn't just give you a more effective workout it also encourages you! Having a great gym wardrobe can get your excited about hitting a new class and confident to push yourself to the limits while getting your sweat on.
5. Mark Your Calendar: Scheduling your workouts is not only a great way to keep you organized, but dedicated. If you cheat at dinner and you've already booked an 8 a.m. class for the following morning you will be less likely to continue your downward spiral and won't feel so guilty. Not sure where to start? Turn to technology! There are a plethora of amazing fitness apps on the market that motivate you and help you stay organized.
6. Words of Wisdom: While we can be quick to tear ourselves down, we often forget to boost ourselves up. Relish the feeling of being in control by writing down words of encouragement for your weaker moments.
7. Something Is More Than Nothing: Somewhere along the way fitness became an all or nothing kind of thing, when in reality, anything you do on any given day is more than the alternative. Try sneaking in a few moments of getting your heart rate up, even when you weren't planning on doing anything. You'd be surprised how simple it is to sneak a workout into your day without hitting the gym.
8. Stay Goal Oriented: Challenge yourself. Along with your workout schedule, mark your calendar with days to reach certain fitness goals. Working towards something is a great way to stay on track and will get you motivated to accomplish your fitness routine. Need an extra push? Try following top influencers to see how others are achieving their fitness goals.