Here's a little video to tell you what the show is all about. Click the RED arrow button on the bottom right to see our little production (special thanks to production guru James McDaniels!):
Start Your Workday with the 9am ALL Music Hour! MONDAYS are Commercial Free ALL DAY!
Take a little of the sting out of Monday with your favorite music all day at work. Each Monday we give you the 9-5 Commercial FREE Workday! And every weekday we begin your work day with the 9am all music hour commercial free!
SAFETY FIRST IN THE GULF!
If you're heading to the beach , please remember to check the flag colors flying overheard before you enter the waters. Click HERE for what all the flag colors mean.
If you get caught in the gulf during a bad rip current, HERE are some safety tips.
How's Traffic on the Bridge?
Wanna get an update on traffic on the Hathaway Bridge? Now you can check out traffic on the bridge before you head out. Click HERE for access to one of 8 cameras!
Save HUNDREDS Each Month on Groceries!!
Besides the rent/mortgage or car payments, much of our money each month goes to groceries. How do you reduce your grocery bill each month and not starve? Well...
These are ALL worth bookmarking...
Logan's wife Leanne LOVES Southern Savers. This site alone can help you save significantly each month on groceries. Bookmark it HERE
Thanks to my buddy Cynthia Gardner who loves E-mealz - a meal planning resource for busy moms and frugal family cooks. Save time, money and make time for family with delicious weekly meal plans everyone will love. Easy recipes with concise directions and aisle-by-aisle grocery lists. Here you go...
Then the world famous "Coupon Mom" offers 10 ways to save big HERE (EXCELLENT)
You probably want to go to bookmark the coupon mom's website because she helps you organize and save time AND money. Her site is HERE
BEST DAY TO SHOP FOR GREATEST SAVINGS
You may prefer to shop on Sundays because it fits your schedule best or you choose Tuesday afternoons because it's less crowded. Maybe it's time to rethink your strategy and instead shop on the day that offers the best deals. What day is that? It depends on what you're buying. SmartMoney figured out the best days for the deepest discounts. That means that prices for the exact same item in the exact same store could be lower on Sunday than it is on Wednesday. Here is SmartMoney's advice on what to buy on which days:
Appliances: Prices for washers, dryers, ovens and refrigerators are about 1 percent to 2 percent cheaper on Sundays, which works out to about $10 saved on a mid-range model.
Groceries: While most grocery stores publish their weekly sales circular on Wednesdays, Sunday is the best day to shop. Clip coupons from Sunday's newspaper for more savings.
Personal Care Items: You'll find the best deals on toothpaste and deodorant at the drugstore chains on Sundays. You must go early to get the best deals.
Skirts and Dresses: Skirts sell, on average, for 77 percent off the retail price, while dresses are discounted, on average, 54 percent.
Cars: Cars are cheapest on Mondays as dealerships are more willing to negotiate. This holds true whether weekend sales were lackluster and they want to makeup for that or whether weekend sales were robust and they want to continue it.
Electronics: Computers, televisions, digital cameras and even video games are between 2 percent and 4 percent cheaper on Mondays.
Airfares: Since most domestic fares are posted on Monday evening, there is a scramble Tuesday morning to match prices. The number of cheap seats peaks at about 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
Clothing: Both brick-and-mortar stores and online retailers tend to begin their weekend sales on Thursday. You'll find the best deals and the most in-stock items. However, there are exceptions. See Monday.
Books: Books are 11 percent cheaper on Saturdays; they are priced at their highest on Fridays.
Being a parent is a tough job, right? Whether it's staying up all night with a teething baby or trying to juggle time between soccer practice and a gymnastics meet and getting your kids fed, there's a ton of stress. Sometimes, it seems never ending.
"They grow up so fast," people exclaim, when you tell them how tired you are, as though that's somehow going to negate the guilt you already feel for not enjoying every! second! of parenthood!
In that vein, here are the top five new year's resolutions each parent should make this year.
1) I will not feel guilty about not being Wonder Woman. Just because I grew up wearing a Wonder Woman training bra does not mean I need to -- or can -- do all of the things all of the time. I am one person and I refuse to allow guilt to ruin my life.
2) I will incorporate physical activity into my everyday life. I don't need a gym membership -- I can simply park farther away, do some yoga on my Wii Fit, and make sure to get up every 45 minutes and work out at my desk.
3) I will make time each day that's my own. Whether that means a 20-minute drive alone, a hot bath, time at a real (gasp!) gym, or time to read a book, I need some time to be me.
4) I will not tolerate those who treat me poorly. Whether it's my friends, my family, or my husband, I will not stand for it. It's not good for me, and it's not good for my children to watch someone else treat me poorly. It will stop now.
5) I will accept that I do not enjoy every moment of parenting and I will embrace it. Nothing is perfect, why would parenting be any different? I will savor the fun times and handle the others with grace and dignity, but never again will I feel shame for not enjoying every moment.